Dan Brown wrote fiction. A lot of writers do. It should be taken as fiction, and not offensive. In several notable movies, books, and videogames, America has put some heat on Russia, as well as other countries. You don’t see the other countries complain. They do something about it, or at least be the “bigger man” and not retaliate towards a senseless notion. Think about that, Philippine Government.Complaining is a sign of immaturity, it shows that the person (who complains) is lazy, and simply wants things changed to suit his/her preferences. Doing something about what a person dislikes is more mature, simply because that person becomes the change he/she wants to see. I have learned that the hard way myself. Think about that, Mr. MMDA Chairman.
If the Philippines does not want an image of negativity to be portrayed, ever, then MMDA better start cleaning up the rest of the country, because I’m sure that a lot of other novels (several of them, I have in my collection of books) have mentioned the Philippines as a rather shabby place. Again, do not complain. Do something about it. Think about that, Filipino populace.
We can’t all be good guys forever; someone has to be the bad guy for the greater good. I hope Dan Brown is laughing at the Philippine people who are hurt over his novel. I hope he laughs heartily, because I know that I am a Filipino and I will be laughing heartily with him. For this, I write a limerick:
I write this so they’d understand,
I curse to not make this so bland,
You get what you give, and they gave him no rib.
So there’s nothing for them to demand.
A book is a true work of fiction,
But for people with quite little diction,
They’d rally and fuss, and sometimes they cuss,
Cause’ they feel that they’re being picked on.
The truth is that they are such assholes,
Who complain about being called assholes,
They’d rally and fuss, and sometimes they cuss,
‘Cause they do what’s expected of assholes.
I write this because I’m afraid,
For a country that’s been so depraved.
With leaders like shit, and a faith that sucks dick,
We’re the prostitute that never gets paid.
I know that my limerick sucks,
For many who do give a fuck.
Wait till you see, there’s nothing wrong with me.
Even you’ll be afraid to cluck.
A good man had written a rhyme,
It hurts your pride, even mine.
I come from a place, that even I can disgrace,
The proud country that’s dragging behind.
A good man had written a book,
The Filipino people it shook,
I hope that with me, he is smiling with glee.
For the offenses that everyone took.
* ALL COMMENTS ARE NOT MEANT TO INSULT, THEY ARE JUST COMMENTS.
Please read the linked article before continuing below.
1. Your open letter speaks the truth, but lacks one more inconvenient truth that you failed to mention.
2. I can see that some parts of the letter are biased because you appreciate Janine’s decision more than you appreciate the value of human emotions, and the fact that sometimes, although very rarely, the “masa” is right.
3. Human emotion runs the world. We do things based on emotions, which create beliefs, which create actions, which create changes. You talk human nature, and I agree with what you have said.
4. The only thing I cannot seem to find is the paragraph concerning the “HOW” of the scenario. “HOW DID MS. TUGONON HANDLE HER SITUATION?”
5. It’s not a matter of her decision, BECAUSE SHE ALREADY MADE IT.
6. It’s a matter of how she handled the decision to leave her current boyfriend for some fellow from “The Script”.
7. I have no hatred towards anyone here, but speaking objectively, what Ms. Tugnon did was:
A. Her decision, yes. She has the right to make it.
B. Human nature, yes. People choose the “better” choice for survival and procreation.
C. Socially WRONG, MORONIC, and NOT BEFITTING OF A PROPER SOCIAL BEING (i.e. DECENT HUMAN PERSON).
8. She had no considerations for the feelings of her partner, of which she personally chose or agreed to have a relationship with. That’s definitely INCONSIDERATE, and “BITCHY”, which we can say is essentially SOCIALLY WRONG.
9. She HUMILIATED a man, WHO as far as we know DID NOT DESERVE IT, on National TV. That’s also UNFITTING of a PROPER MATE or HUMAN BEING. Remember when Willie humiliated the little boy on his noontime drive-shit?
10. She handled it all so terribly that somehow, it awakened the men of the Philippines to speak up and pass (for them) a well deserved judgment (which I don’t think was necessary). A MORONIC move for a person who wants to be loved or crowned Ms. Universe.
11. This is SOCIAL MEDIA and basically “THERE IS NO BAD PUBLICITY” here. We talk about it, it brings in more money.
12. By following this bullshit, we are exposing ourselves to the mysteries of the massive collective amounts of human population who watch and patronize Mainstream Television. I think that’s just fanning the flames.
13. Finally, after all’s said and done, I leave you with one last thing:
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF MS. TUGONON DID THAT SAME THING TO YOU?
- These are just my comments/opinions.
- I do not intend to infringe copyright, or offend the affected parties.
- I do not watch local TV, but have researched the topic online.
- Photo taken from ABS-CBN website. (I don’t know if crediting the picture is enough, but nevertheless, ABS CBN can always e-mail me to take it down because of copyright, and I will apologize to them and remove the image.)
(C) Anachronic Works 2013
So, again, I’m on Tumblr, and I post there also, regularly, it would be nice if you other Tumblr Bloggers out there would follow me. I don’t always follow back “re-blog whores”, but I do make exceptions. The reason for this is because, I prefer my blogs to be generally self-post oriented, and not just some stuff I find on the internet. I’ve never understood the purpose of being a “re-blog whore”. If one takes the picture from someone else, posts it to their site with credits, without even commenting or modifying it, I see no purpose in doing it. Other people then, do the same, and it will all amount to an endless chain of purposelessness. I try to put purpose in whatever I do, even though the purpose can be sometimes senseless, at the very least, there is the existence of one. I find “re-blogs” rather senseless, although I still find Tumblr to be a useful medium of connecting with others, especially people whose interests are relevant to yours. I enjoy Tumblr’s easy-to-learn, blogging technique which makes it very accessible to the public, whether hipster, “masa” (masses), or upper class people. I’ve often gone to the net-shop (internet cafe and computer rental place), and seen various people attend to their blogs and view that of others. Hopefully, I will gain my fame there by posting rather deeper, yet still sensible posts that people might love. I enjoy a lot of other blogs from Tumblr in which case I find some people there who have as much sense as I do, or even more. For starters, Tumblr is a very good place to work with, and is quite enjoyable.
Anyway, thanks for reading, and please follow me on Tumblr, and to give you an idea of what I post there, here’s my latest post, entitled; Let Me Discover Your Soul.