Please read the linked article before continuing below.
1. Your open letter speaks the truth, but lacks one more inconvenient truth that you failed to mention.
2. I can see that some parts of the letter are biased because you appreciate Janine’s decision more than you appreciate the value of human emotions, and the fact that sometimes, although very rarely, the “masa” is right.
3. Human emotion runs the world. We do things based on emotions, which create beliefs, which create actions, which create changes. You talk human nature, and I agree with what you have said.
4. The only thing I cannot seem to find is the paragraph concerning the “HOW” of the scenario. “HOW DID MS. TUGONON HANDLE HER SITUATION?”
5. It’s not a matter of her decision, BECAUSE SHE ALREADY MADE IT.
6. It’s a matter of how she handled the decision to leave her current boyfriend for some fellow from “The Script”.
7. I have no hatred towards anyone here, but speaking objectively, what Ms. Tugnon did was:
A. Her decision, yes. She has the right to make it.
B. Human nature, yes. People choose the “better” choice for survival and procreation.
C. Socially WRONG, MORONIC, and NOT BEFITTING OF A PROPER SOCIAL BEING (i.e. DECENT HUMAN PERSON).
8. She had no considerations for the feelings of her partner, of which she personally chose or agreed to have a relationship with. That’s definitely INCONSIDERATE, and “BITCHY”, which we can say is essentially SOCIALLY WRONG.
9. She HUMILIATED a man, WHO as far as we know DID NOT DESERVE IT, on National TV. That’s also UNFITTING of a PROPER MATE or HUMAN BEING. Remember when Willie humiliated the little boy on his noontime drive-shit?
10. She handled it all so terribly that somehow, it awakened the men of the Philippines to speak up and pass (for them) a well deserved judgment (which I don’t think was necessary). A MORONIC move for a person who wants to be loved or crowned Ms. Universe.
11. This is SOCIAL MEDIA and basically “THERE IS NO BAD PUBLICITY” here. We talk about it, it brings in more money.
12. By following this bullshit, we are exposing ourselves to the mysteries of the massive collective amounts of human population who watch and patronize Mainstream Television. I think that’s just fanning the flames.
13. Finally, after all’s said and done, I leave you with one last thing:
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF MS. TUGONON DID THAT SAME THING TO YOU?
- These are just my comments/opinions.
- I do not intend to infringe copyright, or offend the affected parties.
- I do not watch local TV, but have researched the topic online.
- Photo taken from ABS-CBN website. (I don’t know if crediting the picture is enough, but nevertheless, ABS CBN can always e-mail me to take it down because of copyright, and I will apologize to them and remove the image.)
(C) Anachronic Works 2013